Monday, July 7, 2008

Beautiful Donegal...


I head even further West today, North West to be exact - up to breathtaking Gweedore in County Donegal.  The drive from Letterkenny to the seaside village of Derrybeg must be one of the most beautiful our island has to offer!  Starry-eyed (and after a few attempts to find the place), I arrive at the Gallagher family's hotel in Derrybeg. Sarah Gallagher comes out to meet me on the driveway and I immediately felt I should have made a little more effort with myself.  Sarah, brand new wife of Donegal captain Kevin Cassidy is one glamorous lady! 
  This pair hit the headline's a couple of months ago when Kevin faced a "McBarron situation" as I now like to call it.  On June 1st, Kevin Cassidy donned his boots knowing if his team, Donegal, beat Derry in that day's Ulster Championship  first round clash, they would have to play their next game on the 21st of June... his wedding day.  Not only would this cause a slight difficulty for his bride to be, it would also decimate his guest list!  Sarah gave me the full insight into how a blushing bride handles such a dilemma...

No comments: